Monday, August 22, 2011

Freedom

my goals...

I call this post "freedom", because I don't want to work in an office, on a schedule, for someone-else, and I don't want to be anyone's boss either.  Most of my "work" can be done anytime after NY close and before I go to bed, and much of it (research, news, etc.) I find enjoyable anyway, so I don't know if you can really call it work.   Actually analyzing the charts and making my trades would take no more than an hour or two a day, maximum.

I don't care if I ever become a millionaire, but I would like to own my home (that I designed) outright with no mortgage. 

I would like to start everyday with breakfast with my family, and then getting the kids off to school.

I would like to use the free time while the kids are at school to "be productive", whether that is cleaning, gardening, grocery shopping, helping my husband with his business, getting some more college classes under my belt, excercising, yoga, whatever...

I would like to have time to read a book and take a nap...

I would like to have dinner with my family everynight, hey, maybe even eat at a restaurant now and then :)

I would like to have have the time to help my kids with their homework, and have them all participate in some afterschool activity like archery, horsebackriding, karate, dancing, sports, whatever interests them.

On the weekends, I would like to do something as a family like visit a museum, National Park (CAMPING! YAY!!!), opera, or take a small road trip...

I would like to be able to go on vacation every summer, and have the holidays to spend together as a family/going to visit family around the country.

I would like to have emergency savings, and savings for kids college, and retirement.

I don't think that my goals are extravagant, but I haven't made any progress on them in the past DECADE, so it's time to do something different!!!  If I keep doing what I've done before, I'll keep getting what I already got...

No comments:

Post a Comment